Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Unfinished Work

     I had the joy of raking leaves today. It is something that I actually enjoy doing. I find it invigorating to be outside in the fall air and always feel accomplished when all the leaves have been raked into a big pile. This was also a way I earned Christmas money when I was little so it always brings back good memories.....although I don't get paid for raking the leaves anymore! 
    Once I had finished the back yard, I stopped to enjoy the refreshing breeze that had floated my way and was listening to the rustle of the leaves, when I decided to look at the tree whose leaves I had just finished picking up off the ground. I watched as leaf after leaf began to fall with the breeze, dancing there way to the ground. This work is never done!
With that thought, I was hit with the reminder that God's work is never done while we remain on this earth. He is constantly moving, working around us and hopefully through us. In a few days there will be more leaves that will need to be raked into existence and picked up. Like those leaves, God is continually working to touch the lives of people with His love.  Just when I think I have accomplished something in His name or a nugget of truth has been revealed to me; He has new truth to speak into my life and more work that needs to be done for His kingdom. My service for the Lord is not complete until He takes me home.

No comments:

Post a Comment