Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Foodies

         We consider ourselves to be "Foodies." The definition of a foodie is as following, "a person keenly interested in food, especially in eating or cooking." (taken from dictionary.com) Now according to this definition I think most of us would classify as a foodie as I'm not sure what else you would enjoy doing with food besides cooking it and eating it. I will elaborate on this definition and say that Tim and I have acquired the joyful hobby of cooking together. It is something that we look forward to despite having to work on our over-eagerness and control issues while in a tiny kitchen together! Sometimes the financial budget does not always allow for the most extravagant creations, but food is fun. One of our new found favorites that we just recently made for our parents is stuffed bell peppers. It can be made as the main event in your meal or as a tasty side.



This beautiful green bell pepper happened to be a side dish to barbecued tri-tip! We stuffed the bell peppers with a mixture of  couscous (cooked before hand), mozzarella cheese, chopped bell-peppers and onions and covered the top with a layer of mozzarella cheese. Pop it in the oven at 375-400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the top is beautifully browned. Enjoy!




This next dish was our first attempt at stuffed bell peppers and they were our main entree. We used yellow and orange bell peppers, halved them and set aside. In this mixture we combined shredded chicken (cooked), couscous, chopped bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms, and shredded cheeses. I believe we used a mixture of cheddar and mozzarella cheese, but you can use whatever kind suits your taste buds! Again pop them in the oven to bake until they are heated through and the cheese is golden brown.
I hope you enjoy these as much as we do!

1 comment:

  1. Just read your last 3 posts :)

    1) I'm terrified of planes, but the Lord has been showering me with peace as I've had 6 take-offs and landings in the last few months.

    2) Don't know if it's your style, but when I played drums for my church in Clemson, this was the version of Jesus Savior Pilot Me that we played (don't mind the video): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B581Y7-P_E

    3) I look forward to meeting you in less than 2 months!

    ReplyDelete